Change Of Electoral Division - Transfer Period  Pages  sitemaster  06-Nov-2017 16:10  0  6517 reads




 The months of JULY and AUGUST are set aside each year by Law for the transfer of electors from one Electoral Division to another. Application for a change of Electoral Division from one Electoral Division to another are done using Form No. 17. These applications are processed during normal working hours at the Elections and Boundaries Registration Office in his or her new division  during the Period:



Of Each Year


Requirements to change from one electoral division to another are:

  • Be a Registered voter
  • Reside at the new Divison for not less than two (2) months
  • Present your Voters ID at the time of application or any other picuture Identification; 

  eg. Passport, Social Security or Drivers License

  •  and "a utility bill" in the elector's name to assist the officers in the verification of the address given.

NOTE: Electors are required to provide true and accurate information as it is an offence to give false information. A person can be charge one thousand dollars or imprisonment for term not exceeding six months, or to both such fine and period of imprisonment. Rule 67 (1) Part V General Provision.
Print article
Elections & Boundaries Department - Government of Belize