Section 88 (13) (14) of the Constitution of Belize states:
(13) The Commission shall be responsible for the direction and supervision of the registration of voters and the conduct of elections, referenda and all matters connected therewith.
(14) In the exercise of its functions, the Commission shall not be subject to the direction or control of any person or authority and shall, subject to the provisions of this Constitution, act in accordance with the Representation of the People Act or any other law, rule or regulation relating to elections.
The Chairperson and members of the Commission are:
1. Mr. Estevan Perrera - Chairman
2. Ms. Naima Barrow - Member
3. Mrs. Philippa Griffith Bailey - Member
4. Mr. Orlando Espat - Member
5. Mrs. Magali Marin Young - Member
6. Mrs. Josephine Tamai